Hosted by : Asia News Network
Organized by : China Daily
Supported by: 22 leading Asian newspapers
Duration: from March 1, 2016 to June 6, 2016
Theme: “Changing Asia”
The contest is open to professional photojournalists and freelancers to submit photos which reflect changes taking place in Asia.
Submission is by categories (with codes)
A. Spot News (SN)
B. General News (GN)
C. Economics, Science & Technology (ESTN)
D. Portraits (PO)
E. Daily Life (DL)
F. Arts and Entertainment (AEN)
G. Sports (SP)
H. Nature and Environment (NEN)
The judging panel comprises representatives from Asia News Network, journalism scholars, photo critics, editors and photojournalists from all around the world.
There is one gold prize award in each of the eight categories and a total of 100 honorary prizes across the eight categories.
Gold Prizes (8): A cash sum of RMB 5,000 yuan ($750) after taxes, a certificate for each winner and the winning photos will be featured in the 2015 Changing Asia photo book and will also feature in exhibitions.
Honorary Prizes (100): A cash sum of RMB 500 yuan ($75) and a certificate, selected photos will be featured in the 2015 Changing Asia photo book and exhibitions.
1. The competition is open to press photographers, photojournalists representing news agencies, journals, newspapers, photo agencies and freelancers.
2. Terms and conditions, and the application forms can be downloaded from www.asianewsphoto.com (click here to download).Submission via internet is strongly recommended. Please download the application forms, fill them out and send them attached with the photos to email@example.com.
3. Participants who choose to deliver entries by post must download the application forms and send them together with the photos to: Asia News Photo Website, China Daily, 15 Huixin Dongjie, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China. Postal code: 100029. Please mark "no commercial value" to avoid unnecessary fees and postponement at customs. DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: Beijing time: 24:00 March 31，2016（GMT: 16:00 March 31，2016）
4. The email timestamp or the date on the post office stamp will be regarded as the final submitting time for entries.
5. China Daily is the authorized receiver for entries by ANN.
6. Each entrant is allowed to submit no more than 6 pieces of work. A picture story is regarded as ONE piece of work.
7. Single picture must have been shot in 2015. At least more than one photo must have been shot in 2015 for picture stories.
8. A picture story may contain no less than 6 and no more than 10 photos, each being clearly marked with category code and ordered by number.
9. Digital photos are required to be in JPG format with the file size between 2MB and 8MB.
10. Each entry should have a title and clear caption in English and/or Chinese. Information about when and where the photos are taken is required for each entry.
11. Photos with digital manipulation, multiple exposures and artistic effects are not accepted. We use the same guidelines as the World Press Photo competition. For more information about what is acceptable, see this guide: http://www.worldpressphoto.org/activities/photo-contest/verification-process/what-counts-as-manipulation.
12. The winner list will be announced and publicly displayed at the official website www.asianewsphoto.com. All the winners will be contacted after announcing the contest result.
13. The launching ceremony for the Yearbook and exhibition will be held from June 1, 2016 to June 6, 2016.
14. The decision of the jury panel is regarded as the final. Any form of appeal will not be accepted.